Friday, July 28, 2006

"I could just rip my face off!"

I hereby retire this favorite phrase of mine.

There is just no reason for me to say such a thing ever again. I say this almost every chance I get.

Usually, when I'm very happy and over-excited.

Well.

It's obviously the sign of some deep pathology...

It is not a very becoming turn of phrase either.

Reader!

Trust this:
I am masterful at spotting the source of madness.

And - I don't think I'm too far off track here in suggesting that anyone who was between the ages of 5-8, or 9, maybe 21, and watched HBO from whenever to whenever, in the very jessant joissance of the early 80's, suffered irreparable cognitive damage from seeing stuff like this:


















Did Karen Allen rip her face off in Starman?





So yes.
I have now, here, easily identified the forceful thrust behind such a mad thing to say.

After having fun getting friendly with some other childhood terrors:
outpost31

It's easier for me to see why I might equate them with fun...and your face can really hurt from smiling too hard.

To send the phrase off in style, I would love to just simply say:



I could...just...

This was just!

Pure Face-Ripping Joy.



RAANH, RAAHN, RAANH!