Friday, July 21, 2006

Fan?

This is Audrey:

She lives with me.


Oh, yes. I know...


She does resemble:


This year, I finally became an actual subscriber to Time Warner Cable.

But - back in the day - I was a rabid fan of TBS. Totally Free! Turner Broadcasting System!

To be clear: If my television was turned on, it was undoubtedly turned on to TBS.

Perhaps you may recall - TBS used to broadcast double episodes of Dawson's Creek in the morning.

Those of you who know me, know that I enjoy sleeping with the television on.

Ergo - morning upon morning - I would wake up to the "foghornesque" alto vibrations of Paula Cole's, "I Don't Wanna Wait".



One morning, intermingling with warm breath in my ear, the voice of Audrey began to soar along with the epic drama's intro music.

To this day, when she sings it... I am duly impressed.

For your aural pleasure, I present you with:

this is an audio post - click to play


How about that big finish?

She only sings along to a few songs.
Is she a fan of hits like: "588-2300 EMPIRE!" and "Steamer! Stanley Steamer Gets Carpets Cleaner!"?

Or not?

As far as this one goes - I sincerely believe she enjoys Paula's pitch, lyrical arc... and whatnot.

Quite frankly, I think Audrey improves upon the piece.