Friday, February 15, 2008

Grandmother Steps?

What is a blog?

Why the compulsion for such emphatic personal promotion?

Why the isolated desperation?

Is it for family? Friends? Strangers in strange lands? Or, for a sole stumblebunny in a slovenly slush hut?

Is it an endearing attempt to make oneself more understood?

Is it to express "critically important" opinions? On politics? On Britney?

Possibly, it is to drop extremely obscure references as I have in the title of this very post! Aren't I clever!

I have a dominating hunch that a good blog's job is to unabashedly reveal the writer's softest spot of heel, post after gut-wrenching post.

I have spared no reader my truth. So? Why dare I stop now?

Would you like yet another morsel concerning the inner workings of your most unwhisperable Sronce?

Sure. Sure, you would...my non-benumbed cherubim.

Fine.

Make mincemeat of me if you must, but I ardently adore this and it's practice: